Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have Whirlpool free standing ice maker (Model GI15NDXZQ) for…

Customer Question
Have Whirlpool free standing...

Have Whirlpool free standing ice maker (Model GI15NDXZQ) for 1.5 years. Started making a loud whining noise. Makes ice, but noise is so sever, that I have to cut ice maker off. How do I get this repaired?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 1.5 years. Model is in above chat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No- will need service call

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Also cannot get water filter out to exchange it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 5 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you tell ma as to where the noise is coming from on the unit?

Is it inside the ice compartment or under the unit?

Cannot tell- maybe from behind ice bin

ok on the ice maker itself you have no operational components that are in the rear of the unit.

They are either inside the unit or under the unit .so there is nothing on the rear if the icemaker.

Can you turn the ice maker back on and investigate a bit more for me please?

will turn on

Ok Great!

What next?

well now investigate as to where the noise is ACTUALLY coming from and let me know!

The high whining nose is coming from the compartment above the ice storage area- right behind the off/on switch.

ok the main electronic control board is right behind the control panel along with the water filter

Doe the unit make this noise the entire time it is running or just every so oftrn for a bout a minutes or so?

John, Home Appliance Technician