Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need some help with my amana 90 air comand gas furnace…

Customer Question
I need some help...

I need some help with my amana 90 air comand gas furnace please

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I had it is stalled in 2002

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I had a technician come out about 7 years ago because it would not sorry

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Stay on. there was a small tube or bar that he took aout and cleaned with steel wool.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Phil, Shop owner replied 5 months ago
Phil
Phil, Shop owner

Hello, that was the flame sensor rod that he cleaned with steel wool. If the pilot light or main burner fires for a few seconds then goes out.. cleaning the flame sensor rod will generally solve the problem.

click here for some photo's please

Tell me if that is that case or not. IF not, tell me if you can hear the small inducer fan start when there is a call for heat.

We can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

We cleaned the igniters and still no fire! We can hear the inducer fan kick on!

Thanks,

In that case the printed circuit board is likely the problem.... we can test it for micro cracks by warming it up with a hair drier to 130F...if anything changes, such as the furnace will no longer fire, or the furnace runs longer now... the board is bad. and needs to be replaced.

We can go from there until we get this sorted out

Phil
Phil
Phil, Shop owner