Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Duet sport dryer is flashing F-1. What should I do?

Customer Question
My Duet sport dryer...

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Purchased in 2008. I'll be right back with more.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what to do or who to call

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Unfortunately the F1 error code on the duet models means the main board has failed and will need to be replaced if it will not reset, you can unplug the dryer for a few minutes plug it back up and try and start a cycle if it still gives you the F1 error the board has failed. If you give me the model number of the dryer I can give you the replacement board number and instructions to replace it. Thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.