Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave oven: runs, but the plate does not rotate and…

My microwave oven: runs...

My microwave oven: runs, but the plate does not rotate and no heat

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Kenmore elite

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model 405.74159310

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

You can call me at(###) ###-####

12/11/2017
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I plan to fix it myself
Manufactured: Nov 2013

Normally that issue is caused by the lower door switch on the interlock circuit. When that switch goes bad the unit will work, fan will blow, but you will not get any heat. Here is a link to a new microswitch. You would have to take the unit apart to get to the switch and change it out. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run or start up and run with no turntable. You would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician