Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler our unit is going to be replaced with a newer

Customer Question
Hi Tyler our unit is...
Hi Tyler our unit is going to be replaced with a newer microwave/oven combo. I am shopping for a replacement and was hoping you could give me the specs on the size of the cutout / cabinet that was required for the older GE Dual Wave II. I think its 24 by 42 but unless I try and pull the unit to confirm the size of the cutout I can't be sure of what we will be able to replace it with. I read I could undo screws and slide the system forward to confirm the cutout and depth but am worried I may not do this correctly. Any help would be wonderful
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the complete model number off the tag on the old one?

To hard to read. I took pictures via the cell phone and still can't really make it out Looks like it was built in 1989. I can read on number near the bottom of the tag that is ACM979007

That is not the model, without the model it would be hard to tell the size, the easiest way would be to slide the old one out a few inches and just measure the cutout.