Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I spilled some chicken broth on the cooktop. now we hear and…

Customer Question
I spilled some chicken...

I spilled some chicken broth on the cooktop. now we hear and see clicking sounds from the ignightor. how do we stop the sound

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 10 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. so if we can fix this ourselves, we need to do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to stop the clicking

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You just got the electronics wet, it will have to dry out, so unplug the range or kill power to it at the breaker and it should dry out within 4 hours or so and once it does the igniters will stop firing on their own. Very common for this to happen.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.