Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag MAH2400A washer stopped mid-cycle. I tried to

Customer Question
My Maytag MAH2400A washer...

My Maytag MAH2400A washer stopped mid-cycle. I tried to start other cycles but it keeps stopping after 1-2 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's probably 10 years old I believe the first time it stopped, it beeped maybe 3 times and then displayed 3E

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I guess that depends on how complicated this is I'm guessing it's not a simple unplug and plug back in?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No Sorry - is this something I can fix myself?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a 3E code meaning the Drive system is not working correctly. Bad windings, speed sensor, wiring connections, or Control Board. On that unit it was extremely common for a bad board to give you that code. The bad news is they have discontinued the board for the unit and quite a few other parts. I would start looking for a new one for this code honestly. Sorry for the bad news.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

When you say I should start looking for a new one - do you mean I should just look for a new washing machine?

Yes the parts mostly are discontinued for your washer. For that code there is a good chance it can not be repaired due to lack of parts. It was made by Samsung for Maytag at the time and they since separated so a lot of stuff is not available.