Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our GE Side by Side refrigerator left door handle

Customer Question
Our GE Side by...

Our GE Side by Side refrigerator left door handle (freezer)came off on the bottom par of the handle. How do we get to it to fix it and where can we find a part and instructions to fix and reattach? Model# ***** Serial # GD404864.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 5 years old, and The model # PSE2KSEFESS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
12/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Anytime John, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Anytime John
Anytime John, Home Appliance Technician

Hello.

If the handle needs to be replaced, the part number is WR12X21070. It can be ordered by Clicking Here.

The handle is attached by tightening a small set screw on the inner side of the handle with a small Allen wrench. The set screw tightens against a post that is screwed to the face of the door.