Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag front load washer makes loud noise in spin cycle. 12…

Customer Question
Maytag front load washer...

Maytag front load washer makes loud noise in spin cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 to 15 years, model MAH5500DWW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, depending how serious the problem is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really ecept it's not the belt. What could be causing the noise?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the unit started roaring check the inner tub for play, if you grab the bottom edge of the inner tub and can lift it up and down at all that is a bad main bearing or cracked support. Then the tub drops and will rub on the tub boot or lower edge of the outer drum and cause the smoking. If that is the case the cost of the parts and labor totally exceed the value of the unit so there really is no fixing this issue and I would look for a new one...sorry for the bad news. If you find something else let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!