Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Cabrio whirlpool dryer won’t start. Turns on but when I…

Customer Question
My Cabrio whirlpool dryer won’t...
My Cabrio whirlpool dryer won’t start. Turns on but when I press start it won’t run. It is flashing F1. I’m sure my problem is the same as most mentioned on your board. Thanks.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You're definitely on the right track. F1 means that your main relay power control board under the control panel has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say. The cost of the part is typically about $200-250 depending on the exact model which is located on a sticker just inside the door way, but there is no way to really reset this board other than to try to unplug the dryer for 5 minutes and see if the error goes away. If not then you must replace the main board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Where can I order the part?

You can order it from Repairclinic.com or Searspartsdirect.com if you wanted. If you have a model number I can look up the part for you.

WED6600VW0

Perfect, below is a link to the control board you need and it's about $190.

CLICK HERE for control board

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?