Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile PS 900S P1SS range with black glass top.

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile PS 900S P1SS range with black glass cook top. The front left burner does not work properly. When on low it will act as if it’s on high. You have to bring the knob to high and back to low to get it to lower the temp. Also that burner cannot be turned off going through low, you must go turn the knob through high to turn that burner off. Is that an adjustment?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think we got it in 07 ish

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s not too difficult. I can work on the washing machine and dryer

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so, everything else works fine on the oven

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

So you pretty much can only get the burner on high unless you really fiddle with it? And you are unable to turn it off by going through the low setting?

That’s correct

Alright and it is only on the front left burner?

Is that it or are we going to continue

Well that's good news, that is actually going to be the infinite switch for that burner, the part number for that is WB24T10026 and it can be purchased HERE from a company with 365 day returns, or a different part site of your choice or a local parts place. To replace the switch you will want to remove the console (make sure the power is turned off at this point) , to do this remove all of the knobs and then right where the shaft of the switches come up you will see a little plastic nut, remove those on all of the switches and the top part should lift off and give you access to underneath where the switches are. There are a couple screws that hold that part of the console in and then that should lift up as well giving you access to the rear of those switches where the wires come in to the back of that switch, make sure to write down or snap a picture of what wires go where and just remove the old one and put the new one in, then put the wires back up and put everything back together and you should be back in business with it.

I was happy to assist you with this issue today, if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to rate my service today with the stars along the top of the page it would be greatly appreciated and is the only way I will receive credit for helping you! I always strive for 5 star service and if you do have any more questions after rating me you can always come back to this question and post them

Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician