Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile oven with convection. We moved into our…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile oven with convection. We moved into our home in 2012 but the home was built in 2003. The oven was in place when we bought the home. I am having a problem with the timer, I think. I have used the timer often, but today as I was baking the timer started to ding every minute until the time lapsed and then it dinged as usual. Now, everything is off and the timer is still dinging every minute or so. HELP!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I don't know the exact model. No info cam with it when we bought the house. I would venture to say it is a least 15-16 years old if it was installed the year the house was built.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to stop the dinging. I believe the oven works fine. It's timer that seems to be on the fritz

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?