Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Try self clean the oven and oven display is FROZEN on f9…

Customer Question
Try self clean...

Try self clean the oven and oven display is FROZEN on f9 andkeeps beeping . I upcluged and try to restart different program butb foozen on display ... cannot cancel or restart

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Es400 controls

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need to stop beeping asap

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It keeps flashing door locked clean but door is not locked and not cleaning.m could there be fumes?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F9 means that your door latch isn't working properly. There is no issue with fumes, it's just a problem with your latch. Try to flip the power off to the oven at the breaker or unplug your oven. After 60 seconds, turn the power back on to the oven. Open the oven door and push in on the door/light switch and hold it shut. Wiggle the door latch hook in case it's sticking because the oven will be trying to move the latch after you re-apply power. Continue holding the light switch as you wiggle the door latch hook. If the error comes back, the door latch will need to be replaced before you can use your oven again I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

WHY IS IT FROZEN AND CANNOT SHUT BEEPING OFF

The only way to shut off beeping is to unplug the oven or flip the breaker off. It's frozen because the door latch was trying to lock when you turned self clean on and it jammed up so until that issue is resolved or the latch is replaced, the oven will not work.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?