Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Why can't I get my GE refrigerator to get cold, even after…

Customer Question
Why can't I get my...
Why can't I get my GE refrigerator to get cold, even after setting at the coldest setting?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your GE refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Do you have the model number for this refrigerator? It is usually in the refrigerator section near the top shelf.

PSB42YGXASV
UNIT IS ABOUT 6 YEARS OLD, VERY EXPENSIVE UNIT.

Ok, I saw this in another thread. This refrigerator is not common. I don't have the experience on this one so I will refer this to another expert.

No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up your question.

Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Thank you. What are the temperatures currently in each section, please?

The frig is 48 and freezer is 0

The fresh food section will not get any colder?

The general frig compartment at its lowest is 48, I did not measure the drawers

Is the blower running in the refrigerator?

It has been replaced and does work, not currently blowing

So it must be cycled off then if it works. Do you ever hear it blowing?

I do not recall hearing the fan blowing. But the display on the door reads 35 degrees.

Oh, if the display reads 35 but it is 48, the sensor is faulty. The board won't allow to to cool to freezing temperatures. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I have already replaced the main sensor and another sensor.

If the sensors are new, then the issue is with the wiring between the sensors and the control or the control is faulty. The sensors work by resistance, so if there is a connection or wiring issue that changes the resistance, it can give false readings to the control.

Has the main control been replaced?

I suspect the main control may be at fault but if you have a meter to measure resistance, you can test the sensors at the board. I can show you how, if you'd like.

The main control board has Not been replaced

It is likely what you will need. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The link below is to the part you will need! That part is mounted in the mechanical area up top, above the doors.

CLICK HERE

The attached pages show how to access that board for replacing.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician