Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

This is ice and water want dispencer out .when you put the…

Customer Question
This is mary ice...

This is mary ice and water want dispencer out .when you put the glass up there to get ice all lights comes on .but no light on and the temp doesnt display on screen.model number mfi2269vem3 ser number ko490390 cant find a reset button.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Model MF12269VEM3 never done this before

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

None the lights want come on without clicking one of the buttons the temt dose not display nore dose the ice and water light

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK that is an extremely common issue on that unit you need to replace the rear main power board in the unit. If you pull the unit out and go behind it you will find a squarish access cover off to the left side behind the unit. Remove the screws to that and you will see the main power board. That is a basic plug and play board with a couple standoffs that you can squeeze with a pliers to release the board. Once you have ordered and installed the new board you need to get to the model tag and find the FOUR DIGIT CODE labeled CODE. Using the instructions program the code into the unit and you will be good to go. I included a video of how to program your unit(skip to 4:00minute mark then play) or follow the instructions included with the part. The part link is also here as well for you.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!