Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot get my Craftsman show thrower to start. I siphoned…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my Craftsman show thrower to start. I siphoned off the old gas, filled it with new, inserted the key, set the speed to fast and the choke to choke, pressed the primer button there times, and tried to start it electrically. It fires but does not run.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It's a Craftsman###-##-#### When it last did this it was simply a question of replacing the old gas.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The machine is under warranty, so if a Sears technician could call today . . .

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm at***** West Roxbury, MA 02132.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Maybe it just needs to run a bit longer do you have any starting fluid just spray a little in the air cleaner and when it gets running spray a little bit in to keep it going until it warms up a bit and see if it stays running. If it does not then you may have a blocked carb that needs to be cleaned out, but it is worth a try if you need it going today. Let me know what happens!