Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag washer 4000 series 4.5 cubic ft- Never use…

Customer Question
We have a Maytag...

We have a Maytag washer 4000 series 4.5 cubic ft- Never use it since we bought it few years ago- Our first wash did ok- the second wash after the washing , we got a msg on the screen labeling :F30- We unplug it for over 10mn- Replug back in- The F went away- and only :30 remain on the screen- no water in the tumbler ; What the next step need to be done

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it in 2011- The model # is MHWE450WW-02

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NOT REALLY- Hope you can help us with this issue

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model.

the F-30 error code means DISPENSER SYSTEM ERROR .When the dispenser motor cannot be driven to its proper position.

Possible Causes/Procedure

1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

2. Check mechanical linkage from dispenser motor to the top of the dispenser.

3. Check the wire harness connections to the dispenser motor and Central Control Unit (CCU).

4. Check dispenser motor for powered rotations.

So you will need to remove the washer top panel and check the dispenser linkage to see if it is binding or anything .

Have you looked at the dispenser linkage ? or at the dispenser motor assembly yet?

No linkage - the estimated time remaining show :30- machine won’t move at all
Waiting for the call

what do you mean no linkage ,sure the dispenser has a linkage!

I hope I dint get charged 24 dollars since nobody call me
Where is the linkage dispenser located ?

You will need to remove the washer top and the dispenser linkage is located right on top of the dispenser assembly on the left hand side of the washer.

And I never sent you a phone call prompt that is the web site that we are using NOT I !

I took the top off- where is the motor located

on top of the dispenser housing !

The dispenser motor is item #10 the linkage is items # 6,7,and 8 in this parts break down

Sorry for the delay I had to go plow snow from my parking lot here in Michigan !

Am I suppose to look for those number by the dispenser unit

no look at the parts break down link . It looks like it was not sent to you let me send it this way to you .

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/31/00000009/680/900

Let me know if you still did not get it this time!

Do I need to take it apart to get to those parts
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

See the video at the link below. It will show you how to access the dispenser components!

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician