Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Maytag top load washer - model MVBM755 that we…

Customer Question
Hello. We have...

Hello. We have a Maytag top load washer - model MVBM755 that we purchased a couple of years ago. We have ALWAYS had an issue when washing sheets on the bedding cycle that it never spins out. We have to select the rinse and spin - adding another 25 minutes to the time. This has been a problem since the first day we got the washer. We recently had a repair tech come out for a 2nd time - and he replaced the control board and a lid switch mechanism. I had a feeling that this was the nature of this machine, and this morning after washing sheets on that bedding cycle, it did not spin out. I had to manually go to the rinse and spin cycle. If this IS the nature of the machine, why would Maytag knowingly make a product that does not spin out at the end of the cycle? Why would a business sell an item knowing that it does not spin out on that bedding cycle? My wife likes to wash with more water in the tub. Do you have any advice? Thank you for your time and knowledge. Joe Wolfe

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought the machine in fall of 2015. MVWB755DWO

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What kind of work?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok
Are you still here?

yes

But there isn't much you can do about your issue because it's just off balance and the washer can't balance the cycle since they are bed sheets and such are so bulky.

I was told to put a couple of towels in with the sheets and that would solve the problem. that did not help
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?