Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washing machine door will not unlock. 3 years old

Customer Question
My Amanda washing machine...

My Amanda washing machine door will not unlock

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

3 years old NFW7200TW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to try and reboot the electronic control ?

If not let`s do that at this time.

Let me know what happens please.

I have done that
I have the top of the machine off but I don’t see where’ve the release button is

The manual door release lever is on the right hand side of the door itself !

On the inside of the door or outside
Hello

down on the inside of the unit , out side of the door !

And sorry for the delay ,I have several customers at the same time ,Saturday!!

Do u have a picture of what I am looking for?

Here is a link to the door lock /latch assembly .you need to pull down on the loop on the right side of the photo which is the bottom of the switch when it is installed

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/WP8182634/1094190?rcaid=1000070

Where you able to get the door open?

Got it open. So if I closed it and still nothing do I need to replace the lock?

yes with the washer top still off , now let`s try and start a cycle and see what happens

It won’t do anything. The door lock light is on and it won’t doe anything else.

Ok so the lock light is it flashing or solid?

Solid

Ok So then the door switch is telling the electronic control board that the door is locked.

So it should have let you power it up select a cycle and press start then the door should have locked , then unlocked brought in a burst of cold water ,unlocked the door then relocked the door (all of that is the child safety feature ) did the washer do any of that.

Or did it just give the door lock light?

And is the door actually locked at this time?

Ok. Not the door is not locked the light is off but it is starting the cycle.
After a couple minutes the door locks but the cycle doesn’t start
the door will unlock when I hit the cycle button
There is water left in the drum. It is not pumping out or anything

ok so from what your telling me the door does in fact lock and unlock ,the issue is that the washer does not start after it is locked . Which tells me the issue is the electronic control board (the units Brain )

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

The paper is not available on that link

Paper ?

Ok I pulled up the link and opened it I think you mean the part !

Looking for another supplier at this time.

Ok I have checked the 5 largest appliance parts dealer in the U.S . and they are all showing the part is no longer available from the manufacture.

By law Appliance manufactures only have to stock a part for 7 years after the unit has been manufactured.

After that time most manufactures have all none sold parts returned to them and those returned are scraped and or recycled.

So this unit has to be older then 3 years old .

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

I am a different tech do you need help still?

Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?