Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Beaumark front loading electric dryer, it just

Have a Beaumark front...

Have a Beaumark front loading electric dryer, it just started squeaking, high pitch. How can I tell if it is the belt or bearings or some other problem. The panel is one the front not the back. Can I pop the top with a screw driver like the back panel models.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model BEQ 1442cesd

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to do the work myself unless I am not sure what it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We purchased in 2007 or 2008. I am not technically inclined. I have fixed our older washer and dryer in the past. Many hour of guessing, trial & error. Sometimes successful, others not. Can I lift the top off?

12/9/2017
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

The most common problem with your machine making a squealing noise is the idler pulley that keep the belt tight again the motor pulley and the small teflon drum bearing on the back of the drum in the center. You would need to remove the front in order to replace these parts.

Here is a video to help you out. You did not give me the model number, so if your machine is substantially different from the video let me know. GE makes the Beaumark appliances.

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don

I am just leaving for work and will not be home until this evening, so I will probably not get to read this until Sunday evening or Monday day. Thank you.
The video is the wrong dryer. I had mentioned in a pervious note that the model # I have is BEQ1442CES0. As I mentioned panel is on the front above the door, not top back as in the model you showed.
I did a search for parts in 2015 using the model # above it connected me to Electrolux.

Sorry about that , somehow I missed the model number. But the issue I described is the same.

You need to check the back bearing and the idler.

Apparently, Beaumark is now or was in your case made by Frigidaire. In the past GE made them.

I think this video should be the one you need.

click for video

click here for parts breakdown

The parts I think are the problem(s) are:

####-##-####for the idler

#(###) ###-####for the rear drum bearing

Sorry for the confusion

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Hi Don,
That is still not the dryer I have. Would it help if I try to send a picture of the front.
The panel is different, but would I still be able to follow the instructions in the video? Do not want to start taking it apart and it is different.
Don