Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a unit I bought in October. It has been working

Customer Question
I have a unit...

I have a unit I bought in October. It has been working great. I've been using it primarily to heat a small sunroom while temperatures have been cooler. Yesterday when the temp was about 42 it was working great and almost ran us out of the room. Today with the temperature at 33 it is not. I've always heard what sounds like a gear shift when it is putting out really warm air and then it will back off awhile before kicking in again. Today, I haven't heard that extra gear kick in at all. I've tried turning it off for a few minutes and starting again, but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filters are clean. I pressed the filter reset button when it turned amber. The thermostat is on 84 right now.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I can, if someone can tell me what to do. It obviously is not kicking in to that higher gear.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes, I bought the smaller unit at first ( I it was the 5,000 btu unit) and when it would not heat, I took it back and exchanged it for the larger model. Which worked great until today.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 5 days by:
12/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

No, I don't. An appliance tech has come out in person to repair. Thank you for your response.

I understand, thank you. Have a great rest of your week!