Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool error code F7 E1. 3 years. Whirlpool Duet. Mod#

Customer Question
Whirlpool error code F7...

Whirlpool error code F7 E1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years . Whirlpool Duet. Mod# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The door locks, fills with water, then the motor won't kick in. I've already checked my water inlet screens to make sure they were clear. Motor sensor?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thanks

No problem. This error you're getting is a drive motor speed sensor error. Since the sensor is built into the motor, it doesn't matter if the sensor is bad or the motor is bad---the entire drive motor on the back of the tub must be replaced to resolve the issue if unplugging the unit for 5 minutes doesn't reset the issue. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for drive motor and sensor assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc