Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire oven Gallery series. After I am finished…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire oven Gallery series. After I am finished cooking, an annoying fan comes on and stays on for about 30 minutes or more. Is there a way to turn that off?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The kitchen was totally redone about 2 years ago, so I'm guessing it is that old. Where would I find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The manual explains the fan noise, but doesn't say why it is important, or how to modify it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

How do I locate the model number

The fan in question is the electronic control board cooling fan .

The reason the fan stays on after the oven has been turned off is due to the oven is still hot ,and if the fan was to shut off the electronic control boards would overheat and possibly be damaged .

If you open the oven door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame of the oven cavity.

And you can not nor would not want to modify the fan so it turns off right as you turn the oven off .

Also I will add the longer the oven is on for the longer the fan will stay on for after the oven turns off also.

I really do not need the model number ,unless you have other questions for me .

If so just reply back to me.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Did I loose you?

Master Tech
Master Tech