Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The buttons at the top don't respond to my touch. One day I…

Customer Question
The buttons at the...

The buttons at the top don't respond to my touch. One day I pressed "Cooking Mode" and nothing happened. So the options of "Bake", "Broil" etc. doesn't come up. Nothing happens with "Temp" or "Start", but of course they are always used in a certain order. Don't know if this has to do with the igniter or the panel with the buttons.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

I recently moved into this house and just looked through the drawer of booklets on the kitchen renovation but didn't find one for the stove ... can I find a number on the stove?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'd rather not ... I'm not handy that way.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes - shortly thereafter, the front left burner stopped igniting. Don't know if they are connected.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Is the Full model number somewhere on the stove?
I'm sorry ... this isn't what I was expecting ... I thought I was booking a visit from a technician. Could you please cancel this order?
As I said, this isn't at all what I was expecting. I'd like to cancel this order before you go any further. Thanks.