Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washingmachine will not unlock and i cannot get it to turn…

Customer Question
Washingmachine will not unlock...

Washingmachine will not unlock and i cannot get it to turn on

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is 2 years old mhw5100dc 26-43483 it is may tag

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The door is locked and i can't get it open

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Whenipressthepowerbutton it makesasound like itison but there are no lights showing that it is on

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Have you tried unplugging the unit for over 5 minutes (REBOOTING the electronic control board ) then powering it back on and the seen if it will unlock the door .

If not let`s do that at this time please.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?