Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Own a Kitchen Aide built in KSSC42QMS. Just returned home…

Customer Question
Own a Kitchen Aide...

Own a Kitchen Aide built in KSSC42QMS

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just returned home from summer away and fridge is working. Freezer temp seems correct. However Fridge temp is showing high even though it seems closer to the 37 degree setting. However, over temp reset light keeps coming on and beeps.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kitchen Aide KSSC42QMS 03. Was installed in 2007 or 2008

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. Am just checking temperature in fridge part. Says 37 but will see what independent thermometer says.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Yes let`s test the fresh food section temperature with a separate thermostat .

You could have an issue with the temperature sensor , or it could be an issue with in the electronic control board itself .

KSSC42QMS03
Still don't have independent temp. Taking a bit if time to drop down.

Ok I see you just has the 03 off to the side in your first post.

Can you tell me what the fresh food temperature on your independent thermostat says now?

Ok so you still have to get a thermostat then , I read it as you where testing that at this time.

now have tester working properly. Tested in my second fridge and it is right on.In the Kitchen Aide fridge, the freezer side is right on the -1 setting, while the fridge side is showing 48-50 whereas setting is 37.

ok the only thing that cools the fresh food section on this model is cold air from the freezer being blown in to the fresh food section from the vent in the top left rear corner of the fresh food section.

If you open the door do you feel any air coming out of that vent?

And also open the freezer door do you hear the fan in the freezer section running ?

Also, if I measure temp in fridge in center or bottom, it shows 48-50 degrees which is consistent with the 51 shown on the builtin control panel at top of fridge side. However, if I measure where cold air comes in on upper left, it show 41-42 degrees. Don't know if this means anything
Are you still there?
I'm still waiting for reply?