Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Over the range combination microwave/convection…

Customer Question
I have an Over...

I have an Over the range combination microwave/convection oven (model #MMV6178AA, serial # 11342735GP. Installed 11/3/2006. The door came off today and wonder how to repair/replace it?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I just typed that above your message, did you get it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, it just happened today, so would like to know my options.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Does the plastic door frame on the top left corner look broken ?

no, the handle just broke off when I went to open it

ok so it is not the door that has come off just the door handle then correct?

I don't want to be charged more than $5 for help, keeps trying to get me to sign up for more! Please just want answers!

I`m not sending you any of those things the only thing I`m sending you is the replies .

Right, just the door handle

ok if it is not broken , but the screws have just come loose it can be put back on.

Let me get you a video on opening the door up to gain access to the screws .

Here is a video showing how to replace the door handle so you should be able to see how to put the handle back on .

If for some reason you need a new handle let me know I can give you the part info .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPpsvZDWp8

there are 2 scews on the handle (top & bottom) are not loose, looks like it snapped off.
Perhaps will need new handle information before checking video. Can you tell by the model # how the handle is put together and can be repaired/replaced?

ok if the handle is damaged /broken the handle will need to be replaced.

The handle is modeled out of plastic .

on this model the door handle is not offered as a separate part from the door itself . you will need to replaced the entire door assembly.

As shown in the parts break down.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00009459/680/900

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

do you think some how you can super glue the handle on the door?

If the handle is not available as a separate part even if you can glue it on for even a few weeks is better then not having the use of the unit during the holiday.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied."?

I am not comfortable with this. It shows that I will be charged $31, when it initially stated $5. refundable. Who should I call to check on this?

As stated the $5.00 was ONLY a Deposit on your question .

I show you selected a value for your question at $31.00 or that is what the web site we are using is showing on my end .

I feel tricked, not happy at all! I trusted going through Maytag that this would be safe. Way over charged, will never use this site again!

This web site has nothing to do with Maytag or any other appliance manufacture .

Master Tech
Master Tech