Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to charge my roomba and getting an error 5

Customer Question
I'm trying to charge...

I'm trying to charge my roomba and getting an error 5 message

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

It's been in storage for several years. It's probable 5-7 years old. I'm not finding a model # on it but I do se a white 611 on the bottom of it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm just wondering what the message means

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Charging error 5 means your robot's charging system isn't working correctly. Check that you are using an authentic Roomba batteries. Charging errors can occur withaftermarket batteries. If that is all fine watch this video to clean the units charging area. See link below.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!