Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Maytag door is locked and won't open the motor is also…

Customer Question
My Maytag door is...

My Maytag door is locked and won't open the motor is also running. I have unplugged it in and let it sit for sometime with the same result

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

1 year old Maytag Maxima XL Steam

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to know how to factory reset this thing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Well when that happens often the pump is not working correctly on the unit. If the unit cannot pump out water the door will never unlock and it will not allow it to start. You can remove the top of the unit by unscrewing the rear top panel screws, then slide the top panel off and get it out of the way. Once it is out of the way you can reach down and pull the flat tab on the bottom of the door latch assembly to release the door so you can open it. The other option is to remove the bottom panel and reach up and grab the release tab to open the door.Remove the items from the unit and see if there's water in the washer. If there is you will need to get to the pump assembly on the unit to check the pump filter and pump for any kind of blockages. If you have the bottom panel off you will see the pump filter cap in the center to unscrew and check for any blockages. Make sure you have some towels or a Shop-Vac at the ready as there will be water that will come out of the pump filter once you unscrew it. On that unit it is very common just for a blockage in the pump filter to cause this problem. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me if you need more help.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

It was running fine but i had to move it amd tried to run it with the water accidentally off. An error code flashed but i just turned the power off. Any change is your first answer?
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello I see you requested a new expert.

My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your washer. This error you're experiencing means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by not having the water turned on. The good new is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?