Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Do you work on refrigerators, frigidaire, yes frs26rbcwo, do…

Customer Question
Do you work on...

Do you work on refrigerators

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Frigidaire

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes frs26rbcwo

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you work on refrigerators?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, what is actually wrong with your refrigerator exactly?

u there?
no

can you answer?

I have asked 3 times now. First, what is actually wrong with your refrigerator exactly?

its cycling on its overload

ok got it.

upon putting a service tap and checking the charge it would run in a deep vacuum
i suspected a restriction ,but i have removed the filter drier and blew out system with nitrogen both direction and no apparent restriction exists

Running in a deep vacuum just makes it easier for the compressor to run. The the piston could be creating too much friction or possibly the overload relay is just weak. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to replace the compressor.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

i have already installed a hard start kit prior to opening system and new freon

OK then unfortunately that means you just have a bad compressor and need a new compressor.

if i replace compressor and it does the same thing?

that's not possible.

what is normal pressure range for fridge /freezer 134a?

0psi on the low side and between 120 and 140 on the high side.

this would cause overload to trip originally ? running in vacuum?

Yes.

what about erratic voltage supply?

voltage is going to vary because the compressor is overloading. I'm not sure what else to say -- I have given you your answer--you need to replace the compressor.

im asking about another unit

oh, you need to rate and finish this question and then start a new question for a new appliance. I can't speak about other appliances on the same question.

really? for more money?

Yes, unfortunately I am not allowed to talk about multiple appliances or issues on one question. You pay for one appliance and 1 question. each question you start.

.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?