Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Temperature in refrigerator is 61, how can I lower it? We…

Customer Question
Temperature in refrigerator is...

Temperature in refrigerator is 61, how can I lower it?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

We just bought a used fifth wheel and it came with no instructions. Is there a way to lower the temperature?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am sure it is just us not knowing how to operate it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model RF197ACRS

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you see the refrigerator button? If so press it and tell me what shows on the display for about 5 secs

Is it possible to call us?
Temp went to 34 and then went back to 63

OK so it is set to 34 but the inside temp is 63 so you have a cooling issue is the freezer working?

Freezer seems to be ok. Everything is frozen

OK you would have to remove everything in the freezer and remove the back panel to get to the evaporator in the refrigerator then and check it to see if it is all iced over causing an airflow blockage in the refrigerator compartment, if you find that you need to defrost it. Here is an image #9 is all one piece and just pops out.after the two lower screws are removed. CLICK HERE If this is beyond what you can do I would recommend getting a tech out.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

This is in a fifth wheel and it is bolted in. Is there some other way to check this. The freezer is -2 degrees. This is where it has been since we picked up camper. Is this normal?

Yes it happens all the time, you need to remove that back panel in the refrigerator section to check it.

Thank you for your time. This is not possible. I am chatting with Samsung directly. They have suggested unpluging( which we can do) for 2 minutes. We did and it seems to be working. Temp is dropping.

Ok no problem..