Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher soap dish opens but the pod doesn't dissolve.

Customer Question
Our dishwasher soap dish...

Our dishwasher soap dish opens but the pod doesn't dissolve. We tried poking holes in the pod, to no avail. This is a recent problem. The dishwasher is very old.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

We are not familiar with the diagnostic test cycle. The make is GE, the model # is GSD900D-03.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on what is wrong with it. We are both in our eighties.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the problem. Is is something we can fix?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a very common issue on that age of machine, the main wash pump is not working correctly and spraying water through the wash arms good and strong to break the soap down. You will need this part to fix it see links below to part and the video link to install it. Note they have redesigned the main wash pump on the unit and it works a lot better.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!