Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool three door fridge is not working as it should.

Customer Question
My whirlpool three door...

My whirlpool three door fridge is not working as it should. the freezer is working by the fridge is not cooling

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

WRF560SEYM00

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its about 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I want to know what part i should get

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. Let me know what you find.

the local technical did the defrost thing and the problem returned after a few days. He said i need a temprature control. but Im not seeing that online. Can you direct me to that part and what it looks like.. maybe its the same thing
i just want to know what part i should get

Did he confirm the heater circuit was working?

I can link you a test to do if he did not confirm the heater circuit was working, I just want you to get the right part.

you guys are unethical. I was told sign up for $5 and you charge me 31 pounds. Really.Disappointed!

Ok I am just the tech to help you I have nothing to do with the charges, but this a 2000 dollar refrigerator so did you really think it was only a $5 to repair it?

I would be glad to help you with the issue you are having, but if you only want to pay $5 that is not the way the site works I am sorry.

Im telling me what lead me to the site. It said $5 and ask your question. Besides you have not solved my problem.All I was saying is do not mislead persons. talk to your administrator. I do not wish to continue this service

OK no problem I am sorry the site misled you, but really we offer a great service with all tech docs and everything even if it were $31 still a heck of a lot cheaper than calling a tech out or ordering a board you do not need. I will put this in for a refund for you.