Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool microwave oven that is two and half years…

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a whirlpool microwave oven that is two and half years old that is not working correctly. I did not purchase the extended warranty on it. I have contacted two appliance repair shops. One does not work on microwaves and the other told me it would probably cost more to repair than to purchase a new one. Really disappointed with the fact it is still practically new. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We purchased it in April of 2015. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. We have no experience with this kind of work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The problem we are having is that sometimes when we open the door, the light doesn't come on. When that happens we cannot start the microwave. Sometimes, if we wait several minutes, the light will come on and we can proceed, but sometimes not.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Not sure what your question is !!

You said ((Really disappointed with the fact it is still practically new. Is there anything that can be done about this?))

Are you asking if we can make them work on the unit or what?

Or are you thinking this web site is a Whirlpool web site?

If your thinking this was a whirlpool site .it is not ,but I can save you some time with Whirlpool the unit is out of the manufactures 1 years warranty ,they will not help you .

FRom What you have said so far I can tell you what I suspect is the issue with your unit .

I thought it was the whirlpool website. I know it is out of warranty. Just disappointed it is only 2 1/2 years old. Thank you for responding.

no appliance manufactures make anything to last anymore they are all made of plastic .

Thank you. Always before, we have purchase the extended warranty, and not used it. Live and learn

Right.

Well if you decide to do any DIY repairs on it I can assist you, but this is not a free web site.

Thank you for your time. I’ll keep trying to find someone who can work on it.

no problem! good luck and have a very Merry Christmas !

You too!