Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The power went out last night so we unpluged the fridge

Customer Question
The power went out...

The power went out last night so we unpluged the fridge until the power came back on to prevent a power surge damaging it. We plugged it back in but the control panel will not set and shows the mwssage PO.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

It was off for 2 hours before we plugged it back in.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. How can I turn the control panel back on?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The Model # is 986DEMO1, Serial # K72401620 This Whirlpool fridge was

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And 986DEMO1 IS NOT a full model number.

Model # is 986FDEMO1

Are you getting this number for inside the unit on the fresh food section interior wall near the top?

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.

I`m suspecting the model number is ***** WRV986FDEM01

if I have the correct model number the PO means

The Power Outage indicator lets you know if the power supply to the refrigerator has been off, and the freezer temperature has risen to 18°F (-8°C) or higher.

The control panel temperature display will read “PO,” and an alert tone will sound three times.

“Confirm” will blink until you acknowledge the power outage by pressing MEASURED FILL under “Confirm.”

Once the power outage has been confirmed, the “PO” will disappear, and the display will return to the Home screen.

Let me know if you can then see the correct temperatures in the display.