John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Need a replacement external cooling fan for Model TWR282S

Customer Question

Need a replacement external cooling fan for Model TWR282S Thermoelectric Wine cooler. It acted up shortly after i got it a number of years ago but when I shut it off and turned it back on the noise was gone so i never pursued it. Over the years this was my remedy and now with the mean time between failures becoming more frequent I think it is time to replace it.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the 2nd time. As I said I called when I got it in 2013 but turning it off and turning it on stopped the bearing noise, so I couldn't demonstrate it over the phone to the fellow i was talking to at the time because turning it off and on caused the bearing to stop howling for awhile.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, my field has been electronics for all my life.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that i can think of. This has been the only problem I have had with this since the get go.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rusty S replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Few service parts are available for this model. Are there any numbers on the fan that may help in finding a universal one?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I already have the part from the source in the source in the instructions.
Expert:  Rusty S replied 11 months ago.

I understand, thank you. Have a great rest of your week!