Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need a replacement external cooling fan for Model TWR282S…

Customer Question
Need a replacement external...

Need a replacement external cooling fan for Model TWR282S Thermoelectric Wine cooler. It acted up shortly after i got it a number of years ago but when I shut it off and turned it back on the noise was gone so i never pursued it. Over the years this was my remedy and now with the mean time between failures becoming more frequent I think it is time to replace it.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is the 2nd time. As I said I called when I got it in 2013 but turning it off and turning it on stopped the bearing noise, so I couldn't demonstrate it over the phone to the fellow i was talking to at the time because turning it off and on caused the bearing to stop howling for awhile.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, my field has been electronics for all my life.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of. This has been the only problem I have had with this since the get go.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 6 days by:
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Few service parts are available for this model. Are there any numbers on the fan that may help in finding a universal one?

No I already have the part from the source in the source in the instructions.

I understand, thank you. Have a great rest of your week!