Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an LG LFX25960st fridge. As of this AM, neither the…

Customer Question
Hi, I have an...

Hi, I have an LG LFX25960st fridge. As of this AM, neither the fridge nor freezer are cooling, and the front panel (buttons for temperature, ice maker, etc) has no power. If I unplug the fridge and then plug it back in, I hear one semi-loud "thunk" which indicates something is happening, but apparently not much. :)

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8-10 years. LFX25960st

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Http://content.abt.com/image.php/xlarge0-27167.jpg?width=450&height=450&canvas&image=/images/products/BDP_Images/big_lfx25960ss.jpg

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can do relatively simple stuff, like replace one obvious part for example. I don't plan to tear it apart and have many pieces laying around :)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay, pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

OK, will be back in a while after trying that....

OK thanks!

OK, so if I'm looking at the fridge from the backside, a few observations:
1. on the right side there was quite bit of dust buildup on the air intake slot
2. there is no vibration or humming, no real sounds that one would expect
3. on the left is a circular unit which I assume is the compressor, in the middle are some coils. They are perhaps a bit colder than other parts, it's hard to tell if they are truly colder or if it's just that all metal feels a bit cold to the touch. They are definitely *NOT* substantially cold, it's not like touching an ice cube or something.I think the big thing is that there is no hum or vibration. If I pull the power cord and plug it back in, there is a "thunk" which sounds like something in the ice maker...
Thanks
to answer your question, I've never changed out parts, I do seem to remember that the ice maker was swapped out while it was under warranty....
by a service technician, not me

OK so basically nothing is running, if that is the case no fans no compressor no anything replace the main board on the unit. That is the unit behind the cover panel on the back. There is a small access panel on the back of the unit, behind it is this board...CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!