Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My bosch dishwasher model shu66c06 runs down to 1. Open door…

Customer Question
My bosch dishwasher model...

My bosch dishwasher model shu66c06 runs down to 1. Open door washer still washing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 8 yrs, old SHU66C06UC/47

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THIS HAPPENS ON ALL WASH CYCLES ALSO RINSE AND DRY CYCLE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is probably the most common issue that Bosch dishwashers get. Unfortunately the problem is that the dishwasher is no longer heating which causes the washer to just keep washing until it gets up to 161ºF which will never happen which is why it just stalls and keeps running with 1 minute remaining. The heater itself never fails, but the relay on the control board inside the door fails and stops sending power to the heater. The part isa bout $370 on this particular machine (usually they are only about $150) so I'm not sure if it's worth fixing or not but that's completely up to you. The board is mounted in the upper right hand corner of the door and below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?