Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool Microwave, when I hit the "start" button it will…

Customer Question
Whirlpool Microwave, when I...

Whirlpool Microwave, when I hit the "start" button it will run for just several seconds and then stops and shows a "F5" code in the screen.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Tag says built in August, 2006 and Model Number is "GH5184XPB-4. It came with the house when I purchased the house so it was new.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am just trying to find out what is wrong with it before I make that decision.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Could the code be F2 not F5? There is no F5 listed for your unit?