Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model JVM1340BW 003 Microwave oven has quit entirely. Not…

Customer Question
Model JVM1340BW 003 Microwave...

Model JVM1340BW 003 Microwave oven has quit entirely. Not even the surface light conrol or exhaust fan will operate.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE Model JVM1340BW 003 as I stated above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This unit has always been susceptible to power line glitches, and occasionally goes "stupid". The only way to recover was to unplug it from the power source, and then reconnect, but now nothing works.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Well you would need a new control board to fix the issue on that unit, you can get a board here for pretty reasonable. They failed a lot on that unit so this would be your best bet if you want to keep it going....CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks as it is hard paying the bills working for free:)