Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just bought new washer/dryer, hooked up correctly. Turn…

Customer Question
We just bought new...

We just bought new washer/dryer, hooked up correctly. Turn on washer get error code 11. Also door is locked and won't unlock even after unplugging. When I plug washer back in I hear what I believe to be the pump running. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model EFLS617SIW and it's one day old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I've hooked everything up correctly to run it for the 1st time and it's getting the error code E 11

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The E-11 error code means +Fill time too long.

And you do have BOTH HOT and COLD water supplies turned on correct?

And you have hot on hot and cold on cold correct?

And if this is a brand new unit have you contacted the manufacture for a warranty service call on the unit yet?

No I was hoping it would be something easy. Water lines are installed right.'

ok The manufacture says for this error code , to check the water hoses are connected correctly and turned on if they are to replace the pressure switch .

And if you do any work on the unit you will void your warranty.

I recommend to contact the manufacture and set up a in warranty service call.

Do you need their contact info?

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

This is not a free web site!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .