Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge micro range about one year old the front door is…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge micro range about one year old the front door is starting to crack what can I do about it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Jvm7195dk1ww one year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I am handy caped

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No why does this happen

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Is the unit over a years old or under a year old?

I ask because if it is under a year old then it is covered by the manufactures warranty.

If the unit is over 1 year old the door will need to be replace.

As to why it happens the outer door is only plastic and if it is above a heat source like a cooktop or a range ,the heat can make the plastic become brittle and possibly crack .

I can provide you with the part info if the unit is in fact out of warranty.

Just let me know.

How much will cost to Have a tech replaced the door

Ok The door if you buy it is show as $177.25

And then the labor to have some one install it would be at least another $100-$150.00

If they buy it and install it your looking at at least (I estimate) $400-$450 part and labor