Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refridgerator is running but my freezer isn't freezing.

Customer Question
Hi my refridgerator is...

Hi my refridgerator is running but my freezer isn't freezing. It's a fridigidaire and it's only 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's a fridigidaire and it's 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Frigidaire refrigerator. Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Can you tell me if you are getting any frost build-up in the freezer on the back wall (inside)?

No no frost build-up

Ok, do you hear the fan running in the freezer and underneath the refrigerator?

i hear something running so I am assuming so

Ok, as long as the air is circulating (i.e the fan is running) then it should be close to 0F in the freezer and close to 37F in the refrigerator. If not, you are most likely just low on refrigerant. I know it is only 5 years old, but Frigidaire s are notorious for refrigerant leaks.

This is an advance repair that requires special equipment, skill, and licensing. I would contact an appliance repair company that does sealed system work to come out and take a look at it. I normally charge $150 to do a refrigerant recharge. This cost may be what you would expect, depending on the company you hire.

- PLEASE rate my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. Thank you.

Is there anything else I can answer for you regarding your refrigerator issue?