Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE gas oven. I have been getting an ‘F-2’ error,

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE gas oven. I have been getting an ‘F-2’ error, usually accompanied by a constant beeping sound.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 10 years old. Can’t find a model number. It has 4 round burners and a center oval burner with a grill type cover.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t know what needs to be done.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I usually unplug the stove then plug it back in to reset it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To start, F2 means that your oven thinks your oven sensor is shorted. This is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc