Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer quits and will do nothing and after trying

Customer Question
My washer quits and...

My washer quits and will do nothing and after trying different things I give up then hours later it'll start up and finish. It's a Whirlpoollst9245bq2

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Lst9245bq2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yep

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The washer drains fine when it decides to drain, the lid switch works,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging the washer for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet?