Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The washer quit during a cycle, there are no displays

Customer Question
The washer quit during...

The washer quit during a cycle, there are no displays illuminated and the door is locked. There is power to the unit, but there is no response. There is an odor and we want to get the clothes out. Is there a way to manually release the door lock.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Amana Model No. NAH6800AWW. I'm guessing the unit is at least six years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We have a repair scheduled but we need to get the clothes out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is pretty much it for now.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you open the dispenser lid, there is a plastic cord at the very front that you can pull to open the door. If you cannot locate that plastic pull cord, remove the screws from the bezel around the dispenser and it will come off to allow easier access to it.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!