Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to replace 1989 Thermador electric cooktop with

Customer Question
I need to replace...

I need to replace 1989 Thermador white electric cooktop with retractible downdraft installed on center island. Is something like this still being manufactured> It is a 36"unit. Is downdraft now being incorporated in unit or installed separately. With tech improvements of today, is a downdraft still considered necessary.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Thermostat has not been checked. Two of the 4 burners not heating properly, very slow to reach temp or else so hot it ends up burning rather than cooking. I do not think filters have been changed. It is a summer home which has been occupied full time for past 6 - 7 years. I do not even know if there is a thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Does Thermadore have a 36" elecric cooktop with or without retractible downdraft? Since this unit is 28 yrs.old it might be impossible to resurrect this unit.
It has been over 15 minutes of waiting time. I will need to log out within the next 10 minutes.
I have to attend a meeting at 5:30. Since there is still no response, I am going to log out. Will have daughter get this email of our conversation and have her continue tomorrow.
Please send copy of conversation via email to my email address.
Answered in 6 days by:
12/13/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?