Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator just STOPPED dispensing water ,Everything…

Customer Question
My refrigerator just STOPPED...

My refrigerator just STOPPED dispensing water ,Everything else is working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

GE Profile Mod # 123MGPA BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ser # HF 404955

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I hope to be able to fix it myself, if possible

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

On this particular GE refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.