Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The lid locked light is flashing and washer will not start.

Customer Question
The lid locked light...

The lid locked light is flashing and washer will not start. I held the button for three seconds, but that did not help. I checked "Troubleshooting" in the manual and the lid is closed and the washer is not spinning (hasn't been used for a couple of days). Now what?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag top loading washer, Model #MVWC415EW, purchased 2-15-16.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depending on what is needed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The machine is under warranty and had an electronic control replaced on 11-1-17. It has been working well since then.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

If the lid lock light is flashing you have a failed lid lock assembly.

And if the unit was purchased on 2/15/2016 it is also out of the manufactures warranty.

The lid lock switch assembly will need to be replaced .

Do you by chance have an extended warranty with some one other then the manufacture?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?