Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE dishwasher that has a 5 second lock and i is on.

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE dishwasher that has a 5 second lock and i is on. I can't turn it off because all are switches are locked. How do I unlock it. I have the numbers for this dishwasher, please

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

All I can give you is the numbers. GLD 6200L00WW la8-43368 165DG292P012 99amp and it's 3 secondDelay lock

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of, please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

To unlock the control! you press and hold the Heated Dry key pad for 5 seconds as it says on the control panel !

I'm sorry it is a 3 second Delay lock and what is a dry key pad?

the key pad on the right side of the door handle is a heated dry key so just press and hold it for 3 seconds or until the lock light goes out!

The 3 second next to the light is telling you to hold that key for 3 seconds to unlock the control

It also states all of this on page #5 of the use and care booklet that came with the unit !

Did you get it to unlock?